A jury in the US recently awarded $21 million in compensation for a worker who is now paralyzed from the waist down after receiving an electric shock.
In summary, as a sub-contractor the worker was erecting scaffolding next to high-voltage transformers. He was told by the electric power station company that the transformers were de-energized but this turned out not to be the case.
The claims against the company included: negligently failing to turn off the electric voltage to the working area, not properly grounding the circuits, and failing to ensure that a qualified individual was supervising the work.
Note that electrocution is still a major cause of death or injury to scissor and boomlift workers.