Driving your forklift in Vancouver winter weather – beware:
- Many forklifts have slick solid tires, totally unsuitable for ice or snow, don’t even think about it.
- Using a propane indoors – keep the bay doors open so you can breathe.
- You should only drive outdoors for extended periods if your forklift has an enclosed cab with heater.
- Warm up the engine and hydraulics before going straight to work.
- Be especially careful of ice on loading docks.
- Outside daylight hours use your forklift lights.
- Your forklift is not a snowplow, unless you have an approved attachment.
- All too difficult – get a desk job!